These courses can no longer be ordered online for individuals– contact us to order courses for your organization.
Many people view a problem as a deviation from an expected outcome – results are wrong, procedures were faulty, or some other aspect of the project is not successful.
In the workplace, solving problems is not only addressing issues and problems as they arise but also involves looking at the way things are currently being done to find better ways of doing them. The major problem encountered in solving problems occurs when the root cause is not properly defined or identified. In the rush to finish a project, people often jump to conclusions and take action on the first solution that appears when most times there are multiple solutions. Determining the best solution requires a problem solving process.
Solving Workplace Problems provides an effective approach and the tools necessary for improving current processes that organizations use to solve organizational problems. Through structured activities, participants learn how to identify the problem, identify the cause, select the best solution, implement the solution, and determine what feedback and follow-up will be required.
Solving Workplace Problems teaches managers a five-step process that combines a variety of methods to provide an effective approach to solving simple to complex organizational problems. Each step of the process is explained in detail. Participants have the opportunity to be involved in group discussions, apply the process learned using a case study, and finally apply the solution to their own problem. Managers leave the workshop with implementation tools, forms, and additional resources to help them apply the skills learned back on the job.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Follow an orderly, step-by-step problem-solving process
- Write a problem statement that clearly defines the workplace problem.
- Assess the context of the problem.
- Analyze and identify the root cause(s) of the problem.
- Involve team members in evaluation of root cause(s) and a possible solution.
- Create plans to implement the solution.
- Get agreement and support for implementation.
E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 3-4 hours in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.