Resolving Conflicts helps managers develop skills to identify and resolve the source of conflicts. Using effective communication and management techniques, managers can help individuals understand each others point of view and move beyond the conflict.
Resolving Conflict is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Supervision Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
When you have completed the Resolving Conflicts course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Distinguishing between the two major sources of team member conflicts: personality clashes and work structure problems.
- How to manage conflict
- Being aware of the positive and negative impacts of conflicts.
- Accepting conflict as an inevitable part of all work situations, one that must be dealt with, not ignored.
- Establishing a cooperative atmosphere to resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Helping individuals involved in conflicts understand each other’s point of view.
- Leading them to agree on the facts and a solution.
Resolving Conflict E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
Resolving Conflicts Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
Resolving Conflicts DVD Video
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
Resolving Conflicts Participant Workbook
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.