“Our new hires look great on paper and do really well in the interview process. But once they come on board, it can be almost painful to watch them slowly figure out what it takes to fit in like they’ve been here for a while. We need a better way to help them get off on the right foot once they’ve joined out team.”
Professionalism. Courtesy. Organizational skills. Flexibility. These are skills and attributes that are critical to the success of any organization. More often than not, such skills can be in short supply, especially among new and inexperienced employees. So how do you move people from their own “personal style” to consistent professional behavior that includes self-evaluation and the commitment to change in order to achieve positive results for the team?
Professionalism in the Office provides the tools needed to develop the essential skills required for personal and team success in today’s work environment – professionalism, effective communication, time management and organization. A focus on building these skills helps managers and supervisors develop a productive team ready to provide a positive contribution to the success of the organization.
Professionalism in the Office helps individuals recognize the qualities and skills that make an employee more professional on the job. Beginning with understanding their role in the organization and what the corporate culture sees as professional behavior, individuals then see the impact that improved performance will have. Throughout the workshop, participants review video presentations, participate in group discussions, practice new skills, and receive immediate feedback. Participants leave with a Personal Organizer to help implement skills they have learned back on the job.
The one-day workshop is designed for 14 to 20 participants and includes the following:
Understanding Organizational Culture and Identifying your Role
Focuses on the relationship between familiarity with your organization and performance on the job.
Examines the importance of professional behavior and how to recognize it in the business environment.
Identifies what effective business communication is and the importance of managing interpersonal interactions.
Time Management and Personal Organization
Focuses on the critical role that time management and organization play in professional office behavior and personal success.
Motivation and Self Development
Examines the importance of maintaining flexibility in an ever-changing business environment and ways to keep focused on the work at hand.
E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.