These courses can no longer be ordered online for individuals– contact us to order courses for your organization.
Managing Complaints is one of the courses included in our Supervision Series. It focuses on dealing with complaints and the interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
As the leaders on the front line, managers and team leaders are often the first to hear and deal with complaints. And though sometimes they may seem unimportant, each complaint should be addressed and resolved. This module shows how to resolve simple complaints and identify the hidden agendas that so often underlie the chronic grievances.
Managing Complaints Course Objectives
When you have completed the Managing Complaints course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Understanding why all team member complaints must be dealt with rather than ignored or dismissed.
- Being more sensitive to all the problems—major or trivial, real or imagined—that can lie behind complaints.
- Understanding techniques used to determine underlying problems, which are not always the same as those the team member thinks are responsible for his/her difficulties.
- Using various techniques to solve such problems while maintaining a positive relationship with the team member.
- Dealing with complaints at work
Managing Complaints E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
Managing Complaints Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
Managing Complaints Participant Workbook
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.