Effective Discipline helps managers learn effective techniques for addressing problem behavior. Using communication skills, the manager works to preserve the individual’s self-respect and encourage the best kind of discipline – self-discipline.
Effective Discipline is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Supervision Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
When you have completed the Effective Discipline course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Using techniques of effective discipline to eliminate problem behavior.
- Communicating in terms of behavior rather than perception or opinions.
- Recognizing the importance of team member participation in defining the problems and their solutions.
- Managing the discussion to diminish defensiveness and focus on solutions.
- Issuing appropriate warning consistent with your organization’s policies.
- Reviewing performance to make sure the problem is solved.
E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.