Despite slogans that tell employees that they “are responsible for their own growth and development,” the reality is clear – without motivation, support, and coaching from managers, employees have a difficult time developing their talents on their own.
Research shows that the support and effective involvement of managers is the single most important factor in determining whether what an employee learns in a classroom transfers into behavior change on-the-job. Managers who are effectively involved in the growth and development of their employees make behavior change happen. It takes managers who:
- Continuously support and coach the development of their employees
- Positively impact learners before, during and after each element in a learning process
- Effectively handle “coaching moments” so that employees teach themselves.
Experience suggests, however, that many organizations do not require or equip managers to coach and develop their employees. Thus a lot of time, money, and resources invested in training and developing employees too often results in little to no behavioral change or performance improvement. That’s why we created Developing and Coaching Others.
Developing and Coaching Others is about how managers can effectively and successfully develop and coach their team members to become better and more consistent performers. The program will help your managers learn the specifics of how they can effectively impact the learning process and coaching moments of their teams to make the difference.
What makes Developing and Coaching Others Different?
Developing and Coaching Others was developed to meet two objectives.
1. To provide managers with skills and strategies to guide their people through a learning process, with specific tactics to help them “before,” “during,” and “after” training to ensure that behavior change is achieved.
2. To provide managers with a “coaching moments” model to help their teams gain understanding and insight about their actions in a way that supports self-awareness with opportunities to learn and improve.
E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
- Free online course preview
- Contact us for more information
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.