These courses can no longer be ordered online for individuals– contact us to order courses for your organization.
Delegating is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Supervision Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating, prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
Delegating provides the tools necessary to develop messages that communicate the “what” and the “why” of every delegated task. Focusing on ensuring that the individual understands what is required helps facilitate a successful result – the work is done correctly, and the individual gains the benefits of a new experience and increased confidence and responsibility.
When you have completed this workshop on Delegating, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective delegation as well as the problems associated with the lack of delegating or delegating poorly.
- Communicate both the need for and the “why” of every delegated assignment and task.
- Use delegation as a powerful motivational tool. Use delegation to improve your team members’ skills.
- Encourage team member participation and involvement through proper delegating methods.
- Establish a team member’s responsibility and authority for a delegated task.
- Regularly monitor progress through feedback and review.
E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
- Free online course preview
- Contact us for more information
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.