These courses can no longer be ordered online for individuals– contact us to order courses for your organization.Classroom Facilitator Kit Brochure
Communicating Up is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Supervision Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
Most managers and team leaders realize the importance of upward communication, but few accept the responsibility for the quality and effectiveness of communicating with their own managers. Managers and team leaders will learn how to frame communication so that a desired result is achieved.
When you have completed the Communicating Up course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Understanding the importance of framing all communication with your manager in terms of his/her self-interest.
- Entering meetings with your manager armed with a well-thought-out and clearly stated objective.
- Clearly linking your objective with facts that support plans and goals.
- Working with your manager to uncover any questions or reservations he/she may have concerning your message.
- Moving conversations toward agreement using questions that focus on benefits to be gained when your objective is reached.
- Clearly and concisely restating the decisions that result from communicating with our manager and insure that those decisions are mutually understood.
E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.