These courses can no longer be ordered online for individuals– contact us to order courses for your organization.
Coaching Job Skills is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Supervision Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
Coaching Job Skills provides the tools necessary to successfully coach individuals to perform a job, a task, or a skill. In order to achieve results, coaching must go beyond just showing how to do something. Coaching involves observing, analyzing demonstrating, and giving feedback. It’s a process of developing relationships with team members – relationships that ultimately can build the trust and respect that are the foundation of successful organizations.
Coaching Job Skills Course Objectives
When you have completed the Coaching Job Skills course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Understanding the special nature of coaching; a one-on-one activity that involves showing a team member how to perform a task.
- Distinguishing between performance problems that require coaching and those that can best be handled by clearer instructions or by other means.
- Understanding the importance of observation and analysis before coaching a team member, since coaching, like all effective training activities, must be well thought-out and carefully planned.
- Involving the team member in the coaching process by asking questions and encouraging feedback.
Coaching Job Skills E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 60-90 minutes in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
- Free online course preview
- Contact us for more information
Facilitator Guide Includes
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
DVD/Flash Drive Video
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
Coaching Job Skills Participant Workbook
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.