Building the Tallest Tower Team Building Exercise
This is great team building exercise that is suitable for teenagers in class rooms to adults in workplace settings. I have used this exercise in dozens of team building workshops I have conducted over the years.
This exercise encourages creative problem solving through teamwork.
- Divide everyone into groups of 4 to 8 people
- The goal of this exercise is to have your team build the tallest free standing tower with 3 x 5 cards
Here are the rules:
- You will be given SEVEN MINUTES to plan and build your tower.
- You will have FIVE MINUTES for the actual construction of the tower.
- While you plan, you MAY NOT DAMAGE THE CARDS IN ANY WAY, but you MAY SPEAK.
- While you build the tower, you may NOT SPEAK to each other.
Materials: 50 3X5 cards. You can substitute with a deck of playing cards of a box of spaghetti.
Time Required: 15 minutes
Group Size: Groups of 4-8 people
Here are some videos of how different teams tackled this exercise.
Best Icebreakers and Teambuilding Exercises Digital E-Book Pdf
Automatic Download of the E-book within seconds after you click on the “Buy Now” button on our store.. You can read it on your computer in PDF format if you like, or print it out on your printer. No shipping charges.
Icebreakers & Team Building Exercises – E-Book Version
- Crash in Piranha Valley
- Golf Ball in the Bag
- Space Mission to the Moon
- Torpedo Weapons Loading Exercise
- Scavenger Hunt
- Terrorist Toxic Explosive Situation