Essential Skills of Leadership
Essential Skills of Leadership is one of two foundation courses in the Vital Learning Corporation Supervision Series, which help to develop skills that are basic to all the other courses in the series. Learners acquire these skills through a variety of exercises and skill building techniques. The audience for this course consists of team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers. Essential Skills of Leadership is the first step to developing successful managers. By focusing on three critical management skills, the program establishes a methodology for productive interactions between team members and team leaders. Essential Skills of Leadership helps experienced managers, new managers, and aspiring managers refocus on the basics – the skills required to manage the individual while also leading the team.
Like the team leader in the video, when you have completed the Essential Skills of Leadership course, you will be able to:
- Deal with your team members on a day-to-day basis in such a way as to maintain and enhance their self-esteem.
- Base your discussions about performance and work habits on your team member’s behaviors rather than on their personalities or attitudes./li] Involve your team members in goal setting, solving problems, and making decisions.
- Courses are approximately 3-4 hours in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
- Free online course preview
- Contact us for more information
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.