Essential Skills of Leadership
The Vital Learning Essential Skills of Leadership™ program is the first step in developing successful supervisors, team leaders and managers. By focusing on three critical management skills, the program establishes a methodology for productive interactions between team members and team leaders. Essential Skills of Leadership helps experienced managers, new managers and aspiring managers refocus on the basics: the skills necessary to manage individuals while also leading the team.
To encourage, inspire and motivate team members, managers must have good relationships with employees. Part of this comes knowing how to deal with employees in a positive way that maintains and enhances their self-esteem. Managers must also create a team atmosphere by empowering team members, allowing them to participate in setting goals, solving problems and making decisions when possible. Managers who achieve this retain their team members, and their teams are more productive.
Essential Skills of Leadership teaches managers contemporary techniques for effective leadership, thereby improving their performance and increasing the productivity of both the team and the organization. Throughout this course, managers review video presentations and case studies, participate in group discussions, practice new skills, and receive immediate feedback. They leave with valuable implementation tools, a troubleshooting guide and additional resources to help them apply the skills they have learned on the job.
Like the team leader in the video, when you have completed the Essential Skills of Leadership course, you will be able to:
- Deal with your team members on a day-to-day basis in such a way as to maintain and enhance their self-esteem.
- Base your discussions about performance and work habits on your team member’s behaviors rather than on their personalities or attitudes.
- Involve your team members in goal setting, solving problems, and making decisions.
E-Learning Course Features
- Courses are approximately 3-4 hours in length
- Each course can be retaken and is available online for up to 12 months
- Downloadable course completion certificate provided
- Available 24/7 for initial learning or just-in-time skill refreshment
- Full bookmarking capability so you can start and stop at anytime
- Features a high degree of interactivity that engages adult learners
- Each course contains interactive exercises and simulations and assessment tools
- Includes a pre and post test so it’s easy to measure knowledge acquisition
- Self-awareness inventories
- Skill practice sessions connect the skill points to realistic business challenges
- Online courses can be blended to include a workbook
- Administrative tracking mechanism to view student progress
- Onsite licensing for larger organizations
- Free online course preview
- Contact us for more information
Facilitator Training Kit Includes:
- Word by Word Script
- Pre and Post Tests
- PowerPoint Slides
- Reading Lists
- Internet Bridge
- Memory Card
- Test Answers
- Certificate of Completion
- Program Evaluation
- Self-Assessment Worksheet
- Action Plan Worksheets
- Announcement Letters
- Introduction followed by a scenario displaying positive use of the skills discussed in the program
- Video segments focusing on modeling positive behaviors for skill practices
- 4-6 Vignettes–Includes both Professional and Industrial versions
- Approximately 90 pages
- Exercises, forms, skill practice aids, and a video synopsis.
- Job Aids section with tools and resources for applying the skills learned.
- Memory Jogger Card providing a handy reminder of the workshop’s skill points.